Tuesday, January 12, 2010

week 187

You see when you sign into these here blogs you see how many posts you have and this is # 187 which roughly translates into this blog being 187 weeks old... or 3.59 years old... why mention this? Well i just wanted to take my mind of the whole idea of what to write this week... an old writers block trick... just start observing random things and next thing you know you are pecking away at something that Super Steve will be looking forward to on his no sound computer.

Where was i... procrastination. This blog has been causing me a lot of trouble lately, which is good in a sense because now i am thinking about the show... I have a set list for tomorrow... and hopefully my new story series "Me the Nannys and the Grandmothers" doesn't bomb like a led Zeplin... or i guess i should hope that it does. The Show has to be done by 8:00 PM tomorrow... it was requested and i happily agreed... speaking of that we are now on the Calendar at the Railway Club... MOVING ON UP! (I used the Jefferson's theme song for my version of "Moving on up"). I should really put a hyperlink to the song that would play while the blog continued... except what would happen is i would do a search and then sped the next 5 hours watching old Jefferson's clips and accidentally drink too much and come back to the blog with a bunch of fine points that get lost in translation. The other Bizarre thing, well i guess the first is that i actually spelled bizarre correctly for perhaps the first time ever... its one z and 2 r's... all my life i tried to throw two zed's... sometimes there would be a couple of r's and I'd always try it with one r but the red line never went away. Which is Bizzare (fuck me)... Which is bizarre because i liked the T.V. show Bizarre.

But this Blog is about the Super Robertson Supper Show, and last week Cam and Jesse kicked off their second year of doing the first wed of the SRSS. It was a fine show with some excellent guests... Super Steve gave the show 5 stars and he's the most discerning regular since 2008. During the end of the set a few bands came in with a couple of tonnes of equipment and a drummer asked in mid song if he could set up his kit, too which Jesse replied "yea after i finish my set".

Now, me being at the back of the room gave me a new perspective on the old band walks into the Railway thinking they are about to play their big gig and some fucking lunatic is on stage and panic runs through the folks. In all fairness to everybody he could have though that they were doing a sound check and since there was no drums on the stage maybe he could get going. I know it's always good to get your shit up on stage... it's part of a religious ritual of playing music. Come in get set up... take your time, be at one with your instruments, spatial arrangement, power source, mic placement to pedal arrangement, tuning... I'm starting to feel it!

But at the same time if you play music and you play it live, often there are certain things you are hoping to achieve, and sometimes sharing stages is not one of them, or perhaps it gets lost in the struggle to be heard. Now with the slightest observation skills one could have seen that the room was full of people who came to watch the supper show and who were watching the show when the person did what they did which in some ways leads to a crack in the moral values of the Vancouver Music scene in general.

People want to be heard but they don't want to listen. It's almost a fundamental problem with our whole concept of society. I guess you could word it people want to buy but they don't want to pay... that is if you wanted to identify the same cancer in the human dynamic.

It's fucking midnight what the hell am i doing with my life?

The other odd thing i discovered when i went to the Railway Club website (hyperlink would be good here), was the the Supper show is listed @ 7:00-8:00PM which means I'm fucked like a cheap whore in a red light district. I was focusing on a 1/2 hour show... you mean i have to put a SRSS together at the last moment? Never happened before:)

March 8 2006:

I found this on a disc Snapshot gave me some time ago when i was looking for something else. he gave it to me as an AVI file but i had to knock it down to a .mov file for easy uploading.

Hobbs on drums... awesome!



OK

No comments: