Tuesday, January 05, 2010

The last show of the decade= first blog post (or blogaroo) of the new decade

The last SRSS of the decade (December 30 2009) saw Super Robertson, Robert Malowany, and a fellow named Robin who apparently plays slide guitar in Robert's band devilsplender, to play some mellow acoustic singer songwriter kind of stuff and then a full attack from Buffalo's own TIGER PRAWN.


I didn't tape the show which is too bad because Tiger Prawn were awesome as were Robert and Robin... been having some serious computer trouble lately that has been cutting into my ability to render files, which in some way could be a great relief on the time saving front. If i could just find somebody to write the damn blog... think about it.

Next week is the Jesse and Cam supper show which is always a good time and then the week after we have to be done 1/2 hour early so it will just be a half hour show... provided the SRSS can start on time. It got me thinking though... perhaps the show doesn't have to be a full hour all the time... maybe as a listener or show connoisseur for that matter the show could be stronger if it was a more solid 40 minutes... i always end up in these bizarre traps i set for myself... the sequence usually goes i get something in my head in the way it should go and then try to stick to it with blinders on. So for the January 13th show i shall have ready a 25 minute show and just do the bastard giving myself a 5 minute window for errant puffery.

I did finally get the SUPERSIMIAN loaded... i accidentally upgraded to a new version of imovie which for some reason always causes guys like me a whole lot of problems.

We played a few songs from the album How the Tiger got Lionized that we don't often play when we get together to grace the Supper Show. We always play "Bill Von Bacon Tell" and have hit "Disappear" and "Fragile Day" a few times but i don't believe we ever tried "Bob Style" before...



The wink of an eye is hard to define like an unknown beast at the end of the line but the eye can play tricks and it's a long way to shore and I'm feeling sick stuck in a spinning door

By the time i came down i was drunk in a bar, the waitress was sultry i watched from afar she got in my head i thought i was there she left alone and i dragged myself home

The lights are all out the rain hits the roof and the peace of her sleep and me so aloof... now a slip of the foot brings a chair to the ground and the 4:00 AM lights cast a blue glow all around back to my corner my own writers nook i pick up the pen and take a stab at the book but the words are all sloppy and there's mud in my head i don't feel frustration but like a hero instead.

No comments: