Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The SRSS blog strikes again

I actually wrote a blog last week when I stayed home to watch the game... the plan was to save myself time tonight.  I was just going to review the game as I would a show (show was canceled due to game) but then I tried to explain my historical hockey origins....  reading back on it i see it got late and i took a few too many extra tangents and began to reminisce about a certain Kerry Fraser non call that scarred my Stanley Cup run home team psyche.  The blog post turned black and some ugly rage came out to the point where i was in France pointing at draft beer levers, to fictional bartenders, rather than learning the language... then i think i actually mentioned Hitler...

Who needs to read that, besides the Canucks, just a short while ago, advanced to the Stanley Cup finals in a strange and exciting game so I think we are feeling pretty good right about now.

This is good news, but lets not get overzealous... there is still plenty of time for heart crushing failure... it's all i have known in my 41 years on this planet.  It is important to stay subdued in times of apparent triumph as the battle still has another chapter.

The Unthinkable Dream

I have this hope in my heart but I don't want to say
Because the hockey gods don't play that way
A full 60 minutes one shift at a time
You play your game and everything will be fine

Might this be the year it happens
Go Canucks Go
Might this be the year the stars align

There is talk on the street and noise in the bar, and a message from Hey Rock who is off afar
Solid in the net and all the other other positions, this team has the right disposition

Might this be the year it happens
Go Canucks Go
Might this be the year the stars align

We all have different hopes and we all have different dreams but this one here has a common theme


Those are the lyrics to the song i wrote just before the playoffs began and as you can see i was very careful not to taunt the OMEN HOCKEY GODS.  I intentionally steered clear of name dropping players and making any fool predictions that could come back to haunt me... I just tried to capture the mood of a city of rabid hockey fans as they pray their hopes are answered.  With a quick search on the Internet you should be able to find the song if you care to hear... it features Shawn Killaly on drums, Jason Jones on Piano, Alvaro Rojas on Guitar, Sandra Bouza on vocals and SR on guitar bass and vocals.

On Wednesday May  25 2011
From Calgary Pure City
http://www.myspace.com/purecitymusic

and from Vancouver 21 Tandem repeats
http://www.21tr.ca/



oh wait video... it wasn't the SRSS but we played a Mall on the weekend:
Super R, Shawn K, Jason J representing 21 TR



No comments: